Wednesday, March 23, 2011

365 Project - Day 82 - I'll Never Be Hungry Again

If you had asked me two, ten, even twenty years ago what my career would be when I was thirty, I probably would have told you that, in a perfect world, I would be a writer. Being a photographer as well would just be icing on the cake. These are the things I always dreamed of doing, and yet, even in my wildest dreams, I would never have fancied myself writing about or photographing food. I would have imagined that was something best left to the hardcore food critics or chefs, people who had been extensively trained, people who could brag about their discerning palates and who could, by taste alone, correctly identify each and every ingredient in the food prepared for them, right down to the smallest pinch of pepper.

I fell into writing feature articles about restaurants in West Valley Health & Living magazine when they needed someone to cover a story on a local restaurant. The restaurant had just opened, and didn't have any photos to run with the article, so I packed my camera bag, loaded my daughter and husband into the van, and we headed out for a lunch date/photo shoot. The magazine liked the article and photos well enough to ask if I would continue to cover the two restaurant features per month thereafter, and I enjoyed it enough that I eagerly took them up on the offer.

Since that first assignment, I've had the pleasure of meeting with dozens of delightful owners and talented chefs, and have had the opportunity to try some seriously amazing food. Tonight, as I sent the last of the photos and submitted my final story from my February trip to Arizona, I thought it would be a great opportunity to share a few of my favorite photos from the trip. If you live in Arizona, or ever head there for a visit, be sure to look these places up. You won't be disappointed.

Kiss the Cook Restaurant & Antiques - Glendale




Bravi Tuscan Kitchen - Glendale




Haus Murphy's - Glendale




Litchfield's at The Wigwam Resort - Litchfield Park



No comments:

Post a Comment