Sunday, February 6, 2011

365 Project - Day 37 - Seriously?

So, if you one of the millions that tuned in to watch the Super Bowl tonight, then I sincerely hope you were lucky enough to catch the singing of the National Anthem. If you missed it, click here for a video recap.

I'll be honest. I have never cared much for Christina Aguilera's music, but even if it's not my personal taste, I have a certain level of respect for someone who is able to sell millions of records and sell out concerts. I mean, you have to have some talent to do that, right? Being asked to sing the Star Spangled Banner at one of the biggest sporting events in the world should be something of a crowning glory in your career. You should be well-prepared for it, and I'm not talking about doing a mic check or reinforcing the buttons on your costume. If you are getting paid to sing our nation's National Anthem at the Super Bowl, then for the love of all that is good and holy, make sure you know the words.

I know, it can happen to anyone. Lord knows I make plenty of mistakes on a daily basis. These oversights don't irritate me as much as they amuse me, especially when they happen at the most unexpected times and in the most unexpected places. I like to discover them...like my own warped version of Where's Waldo? I guess it makes me feel a little better, not about myself, but about the rest of the world, and the very uneven balance of power and popularity in this country. Being rich and famous, being powerful, being the "best" doesn't make you immune from mistakes. I guess it's just one of those little ways that we can all be considered equals.

Today's 365 Project entry is dedicated to those little mistakes that remind us that we're human. Here are two of my most recent finds, taken with my cell phone camera.

You're downright unAmerican if you haven't seen the 80's classic Footloose starring Kevin Bacon...but how about Footlose? Sounds like a Lifetime movie about a woman who finds love while being fitted for a prosthetic limb.

And for all my friends still living in Arizona...I just might have a solution to those air quality issues.  Apparently, a little wax paper goes a long way to keep our deserts fresh! 

No comments:

Post a Comment