Monday, February 28, 2011

365 Project - Day 59 - Mmmm...Cadbury Eggs

I am addicted to Cadbury Eggs. I'm not ashamed of it. I don't try to hide it. I don't buy them in secret and eat them in dark, windowless rooms where no one can see me. Instead,  I wait impatiently for them to show up on store shelves every year, usually the day before Valentine's Day when the stores are moving all the Valentine's candy to the 75% off bin to make room for the Saint Patrick's Day and Easter decorations.

I had a crush on my husband when I first met him in college and fell in love with him long before we even crossed the line from friends to officially dating. One of the little quirks that really sealed the deal though was the fact that he shared my Cadbury Egg obsession.

Since we've been married, we've started a tradition of waiting until the day after Easter and then hitting the stores to stock up on as many intact Cadbury Eggs as we can find. We box the bulk of them up and put them in the pantry, but always make sure there are a few in the refrigerator. The goal is to ration them until they show up on the shelves again the following year. The longest our stash has ever lasted is three months. But hey, at least we have goals.

Today, Steven brought home our first box of 2011. We will spend the next few weeks indulging in the delightful sweetness of these little concoctions, until it's time to stock up again for the long Cadbury Egg drought. I wonder how long we will last this year. If anyone would like to place bets, I will award a special prize to the winner. Leave your guess in the comment box below.

Today's 365 Project entry is dedicated to our sweet obsession. Mmm...



No comments:

Post a Comment