Saturday, April 23, 2011

365 Project - Day 113 - Sometimes You're the Windshield...

I've always been a big believer in intuition, though I had to learn the hard way to actually trust those gut instincts. Seems like every bad thing that ever happened to me in my life was a direct result of ignoring what that little voice inside what telling me.

It took a lot of trial and error and mistake-making to realize that the Universe has a way of letting us know whether we are on the right path, or going astray. The way I see it, life is a lot like school. We're here for a purpose--to learn lessons, to better ourselves, to evolve.

If we're being lazy, not studying or learning what we should, not doing the things we need to do in order to move on, then we must suffer the consequences. Life starts to get tougher, the lessons get harder, the repercussions more severe. Instead of minor bumps in the road, we find ourselves facing seemingly impossible obstacles and roadblocks, and every day life gets a little more difficult to handle.

If you can learn to pay attention though, the Universe has a funny way of nudging you in the right direction. Whether it's that little voice you call your conscience that just won't go away, or that gut feeling that you just can't ignore, your intuition is always there to guide you--you just have to tune in.

For me, learning to trust my intuition allowed me to open my eyes and see my life with much greater clarity, and I was finally able to leave behind a lot of the fear and frustration. Instead of feeling like I was in a constant chaotic whirlwind, I finally began to feel like I was in control, and that my hopes and dreams and goals were attainable. In short, my life began to look something like this...


I had a road to follow, and a goal in sight. Sure, there were obstacles and roadblocks to maneuver, but they were suddenly not as formidable. I could anticipate them, see them coming, and give myself time to prepare to face them.

It was infinitely better than the way I'd been trying to do things before--ignoring all the subtle (and not so subtle) clues that life was throwing my way, like great big neon warning signs. I guess when you're ignoring those instincts and spending too much time simply reacting to all the crap being thrown at you, it's no wonder that your outlook on life is a little dimmer, a little cloudier, a little harder to navigate. 


These days I do believe that everyone has a choice. You can be the windshield, or you can be the bug. Sometimes the only difference is whether or not you're paying attention.

Today's 365 Project is dedicated to those little nudges that we either listen to or ignore. Which will you choose?

No comments:

Post a Comment