Wednesday, April 27, 2011

365 Project - Day 117 - Tea For Two

I was in denial most of the day yesterday, even after the slight tickle in my throat became unbearably scratchy. It's just allergies, I told myself. And I went to bed last night believing that I would wake up this morning and feel right as rain.

No such luck.

When I woke, I noticed that not only was my throat still super scratchy, but that I was also starting to feel like I was running a low grade fever. You know that feeling--when your face and ears feel hotter than the rest of your body, and every now and then you'll get a chill, even though the temperature in the room is perfectly normal.

I gotta say, I'm going to be downright irritated if I'm actually getting sick again. It seems like between Cadence, Steven and I, we were sick for a month with the last round of crap we caught back in February. Unfortunately, this evening, Cadence started acting like she wasn't feeling good either and began running a low grade fever. We gave her some Tylenol and put her to bed, and we can only hope that she'll be able to get a good night's sleep and wake tomorrow feeling like herself again.

To ease my throat, I decided to make myself a cup of tea with honey to drink before bed. I've always been a big fan of chai, but it was officially dethroned as my favorite when one of my coworkers recommended Blackberry Sage tea back when I was pregnant with Cadence. I set the kettle on the stove and finished washing the dishes from dinner as I waited for it to boil.

I thought it seemed like a Rosie the Riveter kind of night, so I pulled the mug down from the cupboard. I stirred in some honey and let the tea steep for a few minutes.



All the while, Electra had been in the kitchen, but I hadn't been paying her much attention. Once Cadence goes to bed and we take the baby gate out of the kitchen doorway, Electra usually spends a good twenty minutes sniffing around and making sure there are no stray crumbs on the floor. I assumed that she was just doing her nightly rounds, until I looked down and saw this...


Apparently, I had been standing too close to her cookie container when I was making my tea. Another couple minutes and the strings of drool might have actually reached the floor.

Today's 365 Project entry is the the lovely people that brought me Blackberry Sage tea, and to my crazy dog and her food-induced drooling issues.

No comments:

Post a Comment